Friday 10 August 2012

From a Champion to a Legend

On 9th August 2012, Usain Bolt became a legend: the first man ever to win gold in both the 100m and 200m sprint events at consecutive Olympic games (2008 in Beijing and now 2012 in London).

And I was there. Although it's not food or book related, I couldn't help but think you'd want to share the experience with me so below are my photos of the day. I hope you enjoy!
The beautifullylandscaped and surprisingly tranquil Olympic Park, featuring the Royal Barge

The crazy fans! From Germany, the Netherlands, Great Britain, Japan, Jamaica and Pakistan

(Clockwise from top left) The Olympic Flame, the Orbit, the starting blocks used in the mens' 200m final and the Olympic mascot pulling a familiar pose

View from my seat in the Olympic Stadium

Some highlights of the day, including the schedule, medal ceremonies and new world record for 800m as shown

A Champion becomes a Legend in the 200m mens' final
Oh and I met Chris Hoy - who some say is the greatest British Olympian ever - and he signed my ticket, as did Alistair Brownlee, who won the triathlon at London 2012




No comments:

Post a Comment