Sunday 17 June 2012

The First Post


I love reading books and I love eating and making food! Simple really! Join me as I explore both.

I live in London which gives me lots of opportunity to eat great food and find great books. I have always loved reading, even as a child. Now it's mostly a form of escapism - I tend to read things totally unrelated to my life, be they historical fiction, science fiction or psychological thrillers.

I've just finished reading the excellent Divergent and Insurgent by Veronica Roth and I'll share my thoughts on those later, plus the gripping, tragic but ultimately inspirational Trafficked (author escapes me right now) - I'll also discuss that later.

In terms of food, I am a VERY amateur but enthusiastic cook. I try to cook healthy but fun stuff and my current project is using my herb garden to infuse olive oil - I just bottled it yesterday so there's three types that should be ready in about a month: garlic oil, sage oil and thyme oil. I will report in due course how that goes, and I'll add a picture later. I'm quite proud of myself :-)

That's it for now - off to a Father's Day lunch at Zizzi - love Italian (although Chinese is my favourite) and I will let you know what we all had and our thoughts later! Ciao ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment